Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Whirlwind year...

I haven't posted in over a year...There are many reasons for that, all good excuses, I assure you!  After my last post we had an upheaval in our ministry.  There is not way to describe it accept it was the perfect storm.  The pastor we were serving under started spreading a lie about my husband and some other people.  The people who could confirm it true were out of the state on a business trip for several months.  It really only confirmed everything that God was teaching us.  1) Stand firm, no matter what 2)You are always being watched 3)My Word is your guide.....
Stand Firm...We knew the accusations were false.  There were many in the church who also knew them to be false, but the pastor had rallies with an influential, albeit spiritually immature man in the church to concoct the lies.  We boldly proclaimed the truth, cried a lot of tears, and found out who our true friends were.  We could've fought it, but the damage was done and the church was already falling apart. This brings me to the second point
You are always being watched...We had the unique opportunity to minister to those who were supporting us.  We read scripture together, prayed, encouraged trust in God, and tried to assure them bitterness and anger towards these people would only harm us in the end. Of course preaching it was the easy part, living it out was very difficult.  My husband was in a meeting one night with all of the deacons.  I was crying in the doorway of his office.  The pastor (who started all of this) walked by and said "I'm not going to walk past you with out saying anything."  That really dumfounded me that he wouldn't be "rude" to me in the hall, but he'd destroy our lives with a lie.  I said "We are telling the truth.  It's ridiculous that you are letting this lie destroy everything."  I mean really, what else could I say "Hi, how are you?"  "It sure was hot today"....His statement to me described him exactly, always oblivious to the obvious.  Later I found out some ladies in the nursery heard my statement.  I hadn't thought of it at the time, but I was glad I didn't lash out, which of course is what I wanted to do.  If I could've made him spontaneously combust at that moment I would've done so, only the Lord in me stayed calm.
My Word is your Guide...When all of this happened were could we turn?  God was the ONLY place to go.  Our friends and family had encouraging words, but the only true guide we had was God and His Word.  We saw God being faithful to us as we really tried to do what He wanted us to do in this situation.
The 6 months that followed this time was the most trying time of my life-I'll write more about this sometimes this week.  Be faithful in all you do...

No comments:

Post a Comment